Mike Atwood - President, HGCSA - P. O. Box 894719 - Mililani, HI 96789
Once again we are soliciting sponsorship for our Annual Golf Tournament. As in years’ past, we will use this event as our primary vehicle for generating revenue to support our various activities. This year’s golf tournament will be held on September 14, 2018 at the Waikoloa Kings Course.
The Hawaii Golf Course Superintendents’ Association (HGCSA) is a non-profit organization representing Hawaii’s golf course superintendents. We are a member of the national organization of the Golf Course Superintendents Association of America (GCSAA) and have a
a delegate who attends the national meetings to represent our interests. Our organization supports the local sub-chapters and invites delegates from each island to serve as a members of the Board. The Board meets periodically to discuss matters which help to establish the direction for the state organization.
HGCSA will continue to use some of the proceeds to help fund educational programs aimed at providing support to the island sub-chapters, as well as supporting the annual seminar which is tied into this event. We feel that providing this type of support for our members is extremely important, to ensure that Hawaii’s superintendents are provided with the educational support they require. So, again this year the Association will plan, conduct and fund the annual educational seminar as GCSAA no longer provide this service to the Chapters. We will ensure that these seminars are conducted by some of the most respected educators in the industry and help to keep our superintendents current on the latest information on golf course maintenance practices and technologies.
This year, HGCSA is developing a Best Management Program (BMP) for the State. This program is golf facility written BMP for nutrient, drought, water management, and integrated pest management (IPM). BMP programs help superintendents manage golf facilities in a efficient manner, while providing quality playing services and protecting the environment. We will also remain as a member of the Hawaii Golf Alliance, a local entity that promotes and fosters the golf industry business in Hawaii.
There are two levels of sponsorship. Each one is described below:
HGCSA is looking for Tee Sponsors, to help fund our organization’s efforts in the upcoming year. For a contribution/donation of $600, the Tee Sponsor will be helping to support our fine industry. Here is what we intend on providing in return for your generous contribution.
- Your Company's name will be displayed as a Tee Sponsor on the Tournament Banner.
- Your Company's name will be prominently displayed on one Tee Box.
- Your Company's name will be referenced in the HGCSA Web site ( a listing of all the sponsors for this year’s event will be placed in the web site, in which your Company will be listed as a Tee Sponsor).
- Your Company will be given 1 entry into this years Tournament (additional entries available @ $150/entry).
We are also entertaining prospective clients to be Gold Sponsors for our event. For a contribution/donation of $1,500, the Gold Sponsor will be providing even more to support our fine industry. Here is what we intend to return to you for your generous contribution:
- Your company's name will be displayed, as a Gold Sponsor, on the Tournament Banner.
- Your company's name will be displayed, as the Gold Sponsor, on every tee box.
- Your company's name will be referenced in the HGCSA web site (a listing of all the sponsors for this year’s event will be placed in the web site, in which your
company will be listed as a Gold sponsor).
- Your company will be given 2 entries into this year's State Tournament (additional
entries available @ $100.00/entry).
I would like to thank you in advance for your support and consideration of our event. Now, more than ever, we need to band together to try and get past these tough economic times. Our best days are still ahead of us as we all move forward and I hope you’ll be able to join us once again at this year’s event.